A middle eastern fav. These Eggplant boats make the perfect stand alone dish. Perfect for those cooler nights accompanied with a glass of red.
Prep 10 Mins | Cook 1 50 Mins | Serves 4-6
Recipe By: Adelle Penning / @beauty_begins_in_the_belly
- 4 Eggplants
- 2 Brown onions finely diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Purple carrots – Grated
- 1 Capsicum – Chopped thinly
- 2 Stalks of celery – Chopped Thinly
- (Olives if you desire)
- 1 Kg Organic Beef Mince
- Gevity Rx Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 x Tin Organic Diced Tomato
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place 4 eggplants on baking paper & + tray and give them a light spray with coconut oil.
- Poke a fork into each eggplant a few times.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes.
- While the Eggplants are cooking, on medium heat cook onion until soft.
- Add the mince and cook until brown.
- Add in 3 tbsp of Broth, 1 tin tomatoes + vegies & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the 4 eggplants have cooked remove from the oven, cut in half & remove centre of the eggplant (leaving 2cm around the sides & from the bottom).
- Place the eggplant that you remove into the mince.
- Stuff the eggplants with the cooked mince & vegetables
- Place in the oven and cook for another 15-20 mins.
NOTES / TIPS:
- Top with Pine-nuts or Cheese / Feta / Goats Cheese