Say goodbye to the processed tinned baked beans hello to these gut healing, nourishing new favourites.
A great way to cook from your pantry, and give yourself an immunity boost.
Prep 30 Minutes | Serves 2
- 1 white/red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 sprigs of rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tin butter beans, drained and rinsed really well
- Salt and pepper to season
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Using a medium saucepan on medium heat add a splash of olive oil, once hot add onions and stir for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and tender
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Followed by paprika, rosemary and tomato paste, and let it heat for 1-2 minutes
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bone broth and liquid smoke, stir well and bring to the boil. Season to taste with honey if needs extra sweetness
- Add butter beans and stir well, turn heat down to medium-low and let it simmer for 20 minutes until most of the excess liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed
- 5 minutes before the end, heat a frying pan with some oil, crack 2 eggs and fry to the desired result.
- Serve up with a fresh sprinkling of parsley