Looking for that super saucy “bit on the side”? Then you will love this gorgeous creamy braised leek side dish, that is the perfect match for free-range pork or grass fed beef cuts
Prep 5 Mins | Cook 15-20 Mins | Serves 4 people as a side dish
- 4 medium leeks
- 2 tbs grassfed butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced / chopped
- ¼ cup organic coconut cream
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp broth with ½ cup water (we used Lemon & Herb but you could also use Natural)
- Trim leeks about 2 inches beyond the point where the leaves start to darken.
- Cut off the root & cut the leeks in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thin .5cm pieces.
- Place the leeks in a large bowl filled with cold water and rinse thoroughly.
- Lift the leeks out of the water (the soil will have sunk to the bottom) and into a colander to drain.
- Mix your broth. 1 good teaspoon of Gevity Rx Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue or Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue into ½ cup of water and stir.
- Melt the butter (or your alternative) over medium-high heat.
- Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, broth and zest.
- Cover and simmer until the leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until the braising liquid thickens, about another 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTES / TIPS:
- This delicious creamy sauce is the perfect accompaniment for any organic, grassfed meat or Vego main.
- To go completely dairy free switch out the grass-fed butter for coconut oil or a butter alternative
- Choose a quality, organic Coconut Cream that has a good fat content. Some varieties are watery and won’t work as well. We use Global Organics as pictured – it’s super thick and tasty.